Greetings Georgetown Parents & Families -
We are thrilled to have you as members of the Georgetown University community and on behalf of our faculty, staff, and administrators, we would like to extend a warm welcome to you and your student.
During the next few years, your student will certainly encounter new experiences and opportunities. It will be replete with challenges as your student encounters new responsibilities, expanded freedoms, demanding academic requirements, new friendships, questions around beliefs and values, and perhaps most importantly, an ever changing relationship with you. Georgetown believes that parents and family members play a significant role in helping students adjust to these challenges. We want to work with you, hand in hand, as strategic partners to make sure your student excels, graduating with a world class education and empowered for future success.
Throughout this time of transition, know that you are not alone. We are here to equip you with resources, events and communication that will enable you to support your student for their ultimate success. Georgetown offers various programs and initiatives throughout the year, including Parent & Family Weekend in October and our monthly Hoya Family e-Newsletter, to keep you informed and connected. For information about these services and more, please explore this website. Should you have a question or concern at any point, please feel free to contact us.
Director of Transition & Family Engagement
At Georgetown, Family Engagement comes with four outcomes in mind:
- For families to be aware of the Jesuit, academic, cultural and social expectations of living within the Georgetown community
- For families to understand the purpose and breadth of curricular and co-curricular opportunities at Georgetown
- For families to establish healthy relationships and build strong connections to Georgetown
- For families to feel supported and engaged during their students’ time at Georgetown
PARENT & FAMILY WEEKEND
Each year, we invite families to spend the weekend at Georgetown. Visit your Hoya student and experience university life through faculty lectures, sporting events, receptions, information sessions, and performances.
This year, Parent & Family Weekend will be Friday, October 17 - Sunday, October 19.
IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION
Parents and families of new students, CLICK HERE for information about orientation and resources to prepare for the fall.
Mark your calendar with these important dates:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014: Arrival of New Undergraduate Students
- Sunday, August 24, 2014: New Student Academic Convocation
- Monday, August 25, 2014: Arrival of Returning Students
- Friday, October 17, 2014 - Sunday, October 19, 2014: Parents Weekend
- Thursday, May 14, 2015: Senior Convocation
- Friday, May 15 - Sunday, May 17, 2015: Commencement Weekend
Visit the University Registrar page for Georgetown University's official academic calendar.
Want to know what's happening on the Hilltop? Check out the latest issue of Georgetown Magazine.