Each year we invite the families and friends of our students to Georgetown to experience various aspects of university life. Throughout the weekend, families and their students are encouraged to attend faculty lectures, information sessions, sporting events, receptions and performances while exploring campus and our nation's capital. We are eager for you to join us on the Hilltop this fall!
Family Weekend 2017 was a great success. We hope you had a wonderful experience as well.
Family Weekend 2018 will be October 19-21, 2018. All dates and schedules will be uploaded to this website in August 2018.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at (202) 687-3906 if you have any questions.
The cost of Family Weekend is $50 per family, and covers up to five family members. Major credit cards are accepted as form of payment online, and credit cards, checks and cash are accepted during on-site registration. Most events and meals are covered by the registration fee unless otherwise noted.
The fee includes:
- Dean's Welcome Reception
- Light Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
- Entry to the Hoya Family Tailgate (see details below)
- Faculty lectures
- Registration materials and publications
- Shuttle to the National Mall, activities, and more!
If the registration fee poses a hardship for your family, please email firstname.lastname@example.org about scholarship options. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to campus!
Hoya Tailgate Information
Registered Family Weekend guests are invited to join us for the Georgetown Family Weekend Tailgate on Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 12-2 p.m. on the Leavey Center Esplanade! Please see the details below regarding entry to the tailgate and ticket distribution for the football and soccer games. We hope to see you there!
- What: Family Weekend Tailgate - BBQ lunch, entertainment & ticket distribution!
- When: Saturday, October 21, 2017 12-2 p.m.
- Where: Leavey Center Esplanade*
- Entry: Guests are required to display their Family Weekend wristband (each guest will receive a wristband at Family Weekend Check-In) for lunch and at the ticketing table. Lunch and game tickets are available while supplies last. Vegetarian and gluten-free options will be available.
- Football & Soccer Game Tickets: Tickets to the football or soccer game will be available at the tailgate on a first-come, first-served basis. Each guest who displays their Family Weekend wristband is eligible to receive a ticket to either the football game or the soccer game (while supplies last).
Georgetown students should secure their tickets following the usual student ticketing process for athletic events. Ticket distribution at the tailgate is for Family Weekend guests only.
*In the event of inclement weather, guests will be emailed rain-site details if the event is relocated.