Dear Georgetown Parents,
We wish your student the best of luck as the spring semester draws to a close. We also congratulate our graduating seniors on the completion of the undergraduate career here on the Hilltop!
As you finalize plans to move your student out of University housing, we want to highlight some important information.
Parking & Traffic
Parking is not permitted near the residence halls for move-out. Most curbs serve as fire zones. If you park in these areas, you risk receiving a non-refundable parking violation ticket.
Please enter campus via Canal Road only. Please consult the map at the following link for designated parking locations and hours: https://georgetown.box.com/s/arkmqpa1u3mjl8a2fgu204ihef0s6myn
Please be aware of the following traffic advisories, which could impact your travel to and from campus:
- Now through Thursday, May 10, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will temporarily close the eastbound right lane on Canal Road, NW between M Street and Foxhall Road, NW. The other eastbound lane and the two westbound lanes will remain open. The closures will occur from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- Now through Monday, June 18, DDOT will temporarily close two lanes on the Francis Scott Key Bridge in either direction, southbound (toward Rosslyn) or northbound (toward Georgetown) alternating each closure. Weekday closures will take place Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and overnight from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Weekend closures begin Friday at 7:30 p.m. and run continuously through Monday at 4:30 a.m.
Closures will take place during non-rush hour periods, weather permitting, to mitigate impacts, however, motorists may experience moderate-to-heavy delays. Please be advised to stay alert and observant of the work zone while traveling in this area. Traffic controls will be in place to warn drivers approaching the areas.
Last Day of University Housing
Non-graduating students must vacate by 12 p.m. on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Graduating seniors must vacate by 12 p.m. on Monday, May 21, 2018.
Only students approved for May Transition Housing may remain in University housing past these dates.
- Students are responsible for removing personal belongings and trash prior to checking-out. Bedrooms and common areas should be left in generally good condition at the time of check-out.
- Residents must return their room key to their assigned Residence Hall Office (RHO). If the RHO is closed, the key may be enclosed in an Express Check-out Envelope and deposited in the secure dropbox located on the RHO's exterior.
- Residents will receive a check-out receipt via their University e-mail account within 24 hours of their check-out.
- Please ensure your student returns their key to their RHO in order to avoid a $200 non-returned key fee.
For more information on move-out, please visit https://residentialliving.georgetown.edu/move/returning
Once again, we wish your student a successful end to the semester and an enjoyable summer. Hoya Saxa!
The Office of Residential Living